On SCO Unix 3.2, Can a uugetty (for a modem) run at 19200 baud?

John Beaudin john at beaudin.UUCP
Sun Jul 22 02:03:20 AEST 1990

rogerk at sco.COM (Roger Knopf 5502) writes:

>EXTA is a baud rate setting just like B9600. EXTA and EXTB are the
>two extra baud rates that are implementation-specific. To be
>specific for our implementation, EXTA==19200 and EXTB==38400.

OK, I tried setting up init.base & inittab with uugetty running EXTA. I was
able to uucico out ok and to access the modem at 19200 manually. However,
the modem (a telebit TB+) hangs up abruptly as soon as an incoming caller's
carrier sensing is finished without a successful login.
What is the explanation/fix for this phenom? Thanks as always.
--
My .signature is awaiting apropriate display technology