Curses SysV R2 -> SysV R3: box() function

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Wed Jul 11 06:27:27 AEST 1990

In article <831 at mwtech.UUCP> martin at mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel) writes:

>Tracing the problem in "/usr/include/curses.h" reveals that "box()"
>was replaced by "border()" and "wborder()" which I don't find in my
>FM(%), but obviously these functions are the logical consequence of
>the fact that you really need more than two different border characters
>for nice boxes ("border()" is the "stdscr"-version of "wborder()").

	This isn't the only thing changed. One of my routines requires
	the wattrset() - window attribute setting routine. Upgrading to
	ISC's 3.2 compiler laster year, I discovered that some standout
	routines no longer worked. Buried in curses.h, I found something
	like:
		#define wattrset	w32attrset

	Don't want to single ISC out, since I discovered the same thing
	when I upgraded to the SCO Xenix 2.3 compiler. Same result.

	None of the documentation mentioned the change. Solution: added
	to the source code:
		#undef wattrset