Cnews under V/386 (was: 2.11.19 w/dbz not rejecting articles)

WB3FFV howardl at wb3ffv.ampr.org
Fri Jul 20 06:30:20 AEST 1990

>From article <1990Jul19.132519.22514 at virtech.uucp>, by cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill):
> In article <5662 at obdient.chi.il.us> blair at obdient.chi.il.us (Doug Blair) writes:
>>We have a problem with b news 2.11.19 when compiled with the dbz package.
>
> I don't have any info on you problem, but I will make a suggestion.  Upgrade
> to C news.  We upgraded in 10/89 and have been very happy ever since.  News
> processing is much more efficient (I can do other work while the news is
> unbatching), the expire program works much better, etc, etc.

   Hello Connor  (Or any other 386 Cnews users),

I am very interested in the Cnews package, but when I tried to get it
running one time I have a whole boat load of trouble.  I would be interested
in any hints, patches, or ideas that anyone can offer that may help me get
Cnews running in place of Bnews on my system.  The system configuration
here is a 33mhz 80386 system running under Interactive UNIX Release 2.2