Anyone tried SLIP?

Axel Fischer fischer at utower.gopas.sub.org
Tue Jul 17 10:17:10 AEST 1990

In article <19 at astph.UUCP> joe at astph.UUCP (Joe Broniszewski) writes:

>Has anyone tired to get SLIP working with ISC 2.2 UNIX?
>If so have you had any frustrations/success?  I am currently
>attempting to use slip with a multiport (intelligent) serial
>board.  I have run into a few problems, but have also experienced
>some success.  At some point later, I will share my experience if
>there is any interest.

Works great.
We have connected three PC's together using one as gateway
and we've had no troubles.

The only thing that does not work is using SLIP and PEP mode
together. The kernel (!!!!!) immediantly dumps core.
With V.32 all works superb.

We suspect there is a problem with the slow answer times of
the PEP protocoll.

-Axel
--
  fischer at utower.gopas.sub.org / fischer at db0tui6.BITNET / fischer at tmpmbx.UUCP

  Class of '93                    That is not dead, which can eternal lie
                                  Yet with strange aeons, even death may die.