Floppy formats under 386/ix

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Sun Jul 8 05:00:42 AEST 1990

  SCO UNIX (like Xenix) has drivers for 8, 9, 15, and 18 sectors per
track, single and double sided, 48, 96, or 135 tpi. You can look at the
standard devices (or the docs, somewhere) and figure out which bits do
what. Their device names are of this form, options in [], choices in
{}.

                [r]fd{0,1}{48,96,135}{ss,ds}{8,9,15,18}

  I belive that their UNIX offering has all of these, plus the ability
to bypass the forst track or entire first cylinder. I can't remember the
naming for this stuff, and my UNIX box home is in parts around me.

  I assume that ISC and ESIX have something similar, since they're based
on the same starting point.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX