386/ix Installation

Darryl Wagoner darryl at lemuria.MV.COM
Mon Jul 2 21:41:01 AEST 1990

In article <545 at csource.OZ.AU> david at csource.OZ.AU (david nugent) writes:
>In <66FcL1w162w at dkatrig.ka.sub.org> trig at dkatrig.ka.sub.org (Georg Trietsch) writes:

>>- The system disk is labeled 1-2 Users. I want to connect a vt220
>>  Terminal to tty00 for a second user. This works quite well. For use
>>  Setting the mouse device to tty01 results in a message that this
>>  device does not exist. Is there a way to get mouse _and_ terminal
>>  running? I dont think of mice as users :-)

>The serial driver in the 2.0.2 release had some real problems.  There's
>an update to it (X5 or X6) which fixes them.  After that, you shouldn't
>have the same problem.

This should or is on the most frequent ask question list.  To enable
the second port you must change /etc/conf/sdevice.d/asy. FYI this is
the default for 2.2  I am not sure what or how ISC defines users.  I
have a 1-2 two user system and have yet to run into any problems like
that.  Doing a strings on login I did find a interesting bit:

	/usr/lib/uucp/uucico
	1-2 user license exceeded.
	Please check your license agreement.

Which would lead one to believe that login checks for users other than
ones with a shell of uucico.  But I haven't been able to cause login
to display that message.