sco unix 3.2 - printing binary data query

Walter Mecky walter at mecky.UUCP
Fri Jul 6 08:22:59 AEST 1990

In article <268e3558-675.1comp.unix.i386-1 at vpnet.chi.il.us> hb at vpnet.chi.il.us (hank barta) writes:
+ |
+ | When I submit a certain file containing non-textual data for printing
+ | on a dot matrix printer, some operating system entity apparently filters
+ | out some of the bytes.
+
+ How are you submitting this to the printer? I use the print spooler
+ (for which the setup seems to be one of the more challenging aspects
+ in Unix) and pass it nroff output which includes various control
+ codes.
+
+ I would guess that if you use something like 'cat >/dev/lp0' that cat
+ might strip out control codes.

Wrong. The reason for the failing is a bug in the original parallel driver.
Get the fix unx-162 form SCO support and all is fine.

--
Walter Mecky	[ walter at mecky	or  ...uunet!unido!mecky!walter ]