swap on disk1

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Wed Jul 18 04:38:07 AEST 1990

Speaking of swapping -- i have been experiencing some problems with adding swap
areas (with the "swap -a" command) on my ESIX 5.3.2-C system (i experienced the
same problems on my microport system as well).  Sometime soon after adding a
swap area on a second disk (either scsi or mfm), i get a panic message along
the lines of "i/o error in swap" and the system crashes.  I have seen this a
number of times and have finally decided that it is better if i don't add a
second swap area.  The problem is that i have not seen anybody else complain or
mention this; and i'm wondering if it is simply a problem with my hardware.
Has anybody else seen this problem or am i the only one who attempted to add a
second swap space??

derek
--
Derek Terveer		det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG