ISC 2.2 Installation Troubles and AHA 1542A/B

Randy Terbush randyt at asdnet.uucp
Tue Jul 3 03:46:26 AEST 1990

In <1990Jun29.145838.1093 at maxed> root at maxed (0000-Admin(0000)) writes:

>ISC Unix 2.2 can work with the Adaptec AHA 1542A or B, since we have
>it running on a couple of Compaqs, a 33 and a 20.

>However, the HPDD drivers have substantially changed since 2.02 and
>are a lot more finicky than they used to be. HP's Vectra machines
>aren't compatible, for now. We've heard reports like yours for various
>motherboards, usually in combination with the Adaptec SCSI board.

Not True!  I have encountered all of the same problems mentioned regarding
failed installs.  However, I do have Interactive 2.2 installed and
running on both HP Vectra RS/25c and the HP Vectra 486.  The 386
Vectra is using an Adaptec 1542A controller on an HP 330mb Coyote.
The HP Vectra 486 is using the special "High Speed" ESDI controller, made
by Adaptec, on a 330mb HP ESDI drive.

My greatest frustration has been caused by the lack of interest on
ISC's part.  I haven't even received a return phone call saying
"Thanks but No". :-(

--
Randy Terbush, 711 Eastridge Place, Boise, ID  83712

UUCP: asdnet!randyt
INET: asdnet!randyt at sunstone.idbsu.edu