VGA under vpix 1.2 RE: the video bios

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Sun Jul 15 15:03:18 AEST 1990

In article <1290 at tuewsd.win.tue.nl> wsinpdb at lso.win.tue.nl (Paul de Bra) writes:
>The trick for Simultask (also vpix but for AT&T unix) is to uncomment the
>lines with EGAROM and VGAROM in the vpix.cnf file (in /usr/vpix/defaults).

I tried a different trick which also worked.  I booted DOS from a
floppy, went into DEBUG, dumped the VGA BIOS at C000:0000 (32 KB worth)
to a file which I then placed in the UNIX file system.  Making VGAROM
point to that file, instead of the default file, worked fine.  This was
on a clone VGA unsupported by 386/ix 1.0.6, VP/ix 1.1.0.
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)