Prodigy on VPIX?

Karl Lehenbauer karl at ficc.ferranti.com
Mon Jul 30 12:32:32 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul29.051118.4963 at pcrat.uucp> rick at pcrat.UUCP (Rick Richardson) writes:
>My reaction was to toss Prodigy.  It got three strikes against
>it: wouldn't work under VP/ix, no Trailblazer dialins, and you
>couldn't capture stock quotes.  Outta there.

Yeah, too oppresive, too closed, too much advertising, too slow.  The Clarinet
service, the PC-based version of Quottrek (sp?) and similar things are, I
think, more the way to go, because you can receive the stuff without human
intervention and manipulate the results with programs, etc, rather than just
printing it out.
--
-- uunet!ficc!karl  	"I am here by the will of the people and I won't leave
   uunet!sugar!karl	 until I get my raincoat back." -- Metrophage