ESIX

Stephen Birch birch at felix.UUCP
Mon Jul 2 04:33:13 AEST 1990

In article <2711 at tmiuv0.uucp> rick at tmiuv0.uucp writes:

>I'm running ESIX SVR3.2.2C and it's quite good.  The new version is "on the
>streets", but they're a bit behind on shipments (looks like everyone wanted
>it, including me).  I like their upgrade policy, too.  "Send us your boot
>disk and $99.00 (U.S.), and we'll ship it out".
>
>So far, I've had no problems at all with ESIX.  It just seems to run and
>run.  The gang at ESIX tech support have been helpful in the extreme, even
>to the point of having me come in with my system so they could actually walk
>me through some stuff and sort out some flakiness in their manuals (most of
>which were cockpit problems on my part).
>
>You can't beat the price for ESIX.  A full unlimited user development package
>with all the manuals goes for about $800.  Only downside to ESIX is that they
>don't have (or sell) the DOS emulator, or the Documentor's Workbench, or
>some of the other add-ons, but both SCO's and Interactive's stuff runs on it.
>I understand that ESIX will have that stuff available in the future.

I was very interested to read your comments. I currently own 2.0.2 Interactive
and have been very happy with it. However, ISC has now introduced an upgrade
(2.2) for which they want about $800!!! In addition, like many others I
have been refused technical support by Interactive as a result of their
60 day policy. Judging by the comments placed in this forum, Interactive's
policy is to provide NO SUPPORT for upgrades, so if I did buy 2.2 I would
be be very much on my own if any problems crop up.

On the other hand, if I forget the upgrade and move to ESIX, I get free
technical support, reasonable upgrade prices AND vpix (by virtue of my
2.0.2 Interactive software).

Mmmmm - very interesting. Interactive should do some soul searching.
:-)

Steve