386 user-agent review and plea

Mary-Anne Wolf mwolf at pws.bull.com
Wed Jul 11 01:06:03 AEST 1990

Well, if you have terminals that can run X, an alternative to Looking Glass
is IXI's product called X Desktop.  They can be reached at IXI Ltd, 62-74
Burleigh St., Cambridge CB1 1OJ, England.  (They sell a lot in the U.S.
too but I don't know the address here.)  Their 2.0 version is better than
the earlier one, so get it if you can.  It's good software, very
configurable, and they are very pleasant people to do business with.  I
don't know what the current list of platforms is.

If you don't have X terminals or if IXI does not suit you, Bull has a
couple of menu-based products called EasyLife and EasyLearn.  The main
number for Bull in Billerica Massachusetts is (508)294-6000.  I don't know
whether these have been ported to non-Bull platforms.

Mary-Anne Wolf
Bull Worldwide Information Systems Inc.
mwolf at granite.cr.bull.com or mwolf at pws.bull.com
These opinions are my own and not my employer's.