compressed cpio -c

Stephen M. Youndt steve at hacker.UUCP
Sun Jul 1 09:12:08 AEST 1990

A person was kind enough to provide me with some software in 3 floppies,
but I'm too ignorant to properly restore the stuff.  Perhaps somebody
"out there" could get me through this.

'uncompress < /dev/rdsk/f0t | cpio -ictv' works up to a point.  Specifically
up to the point where it should ask me to swap disks but instead says
'unexpected end of archive' and aborts.  I'd very much like to get this stuff
onto my hard disk, but my Unix knowledge just isn't up to snuff.  Someone
please help. -- SMY
--
Stephen M. Youndt       /   "Remember, no matter where you go,
uunet!hacker!steve     /     there you are."  -- B. Banzai