Interactive HPDD (Device Drivers)

John G. DeArmond jgd at rsiatl.UUCP
Sat Jul 14 00:39:46 AEST 1990

brad at akbar.cac.washington.edu (Brad Greer) writes:

>The Integrated Software Development Guide refers to a "Unix System V/386
>Release
>3 Block and Character Interface Device Driver Reference Manual", but I'm not
>sure this would help since the HPDD is added by ISC.  And besides, AT&T wanted
>$100 dollars for this book, and $200 its companion Development Guide !!!

I have these documents.  They are fairly well written, at least by
AT&T standards, and are essential for writing device drivers for
V/386 unless you have a lot of time to hack around.  Unfortunately,
they will be of no help in working with the HPDD since HPDD is an
ISC proprietary enhancement.  You'll have to get what you can from
ISC.

John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC  | We can no more blame our loss of freedom on congress
Radiation Systems, Inc. | than we can prostitution on pimps.  Both simply