Interesting ISC Support Policy

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Tue Jul 10 14:36:51 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul10.012711.4314 at pegasus.com> news at pegasus.com (Usenet News) writes:
[ ... support groans ... ]

>I too, am beginning to think it might be better to switch than fight.
>
>Does anyone have some experiences they can share on switching from ISC
>to ESIX?

Which brings up an interesting point for Everex.  When Microport went face
down SCO (Interactive also, I think) said that they would "upgrade" you for
a fee.  You sent your money and your boot disk, poof!  A current OS with an
existing vendor.  My treacherous mind wonders what response Everex would get
if they did a "give me your tired and poor" number on Interactive, Intel, or
any other vendor who we're mad at at the moment...

Wait a minute!  The AT&T license fee has been paid, we gotta send in original
boot/install diskettes, Everex could legally upgrade us just like SCO and ISC
did when Microport hit the wall.  I'm interested, is Everex interested?
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {texbell,att,cs.utexas.edu,sun!daver}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM   or attmail!ssbn!bill