Support

Tim Brown tim at comcon.UUCP
Sun Jul 22 17:59:25 AEST 1990

I have in the past complained about support, never really being able
to point to any other entity that was better...well I was browsing the
aix group.  I was *impressed* with what I saw.  I saw users asking
questions about aix and guess what?  Yes!  IBM techs were responding
and in helpful, clear and concise ways.  In fact particularly impressive
was the ratio of questions to answers.  Questions from users and
answers from IBM techs and such.  Something like 1 to 3.  Now there
are users helping each other too.  Where is the vendor assistance
here?  If there was more of it (vendor assistance) vendors woudln't
need to *explain* support policies.

Tim Brown
Computer Connection/Incenter
nstar!comcon!tim