Hard coded limits (was Re: LINK COUNT TABLE OVERFLOW)

Rahul Dhesi dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com
Sat Jul 21 06:56:03 AEST 1990

In <840 at mwtech.UUCP> martin at mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel) writes:
>Sometimes I whish there were a way to put some pressure onto the
>vendors of software to *force* them to deliver the source at least
>partially...

Blame copyright law.  There was a time when only literary works could
be copyrighted.  Source code (which is often a work of art) could have
been included in that description.

Them somebody with not much sense decided that human-unreadable
executable binaries fitted that description too, and the world became a
much unfriendlier place.
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com>
UUCP:  oliveb!cirrusl!dhesi