"Man" page title header format for ISC 2.+, Print Services

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Mon Jul 16 15:13:33 AEST 1990

	Simple query to those familiar with actually writing man pages.
Trying to generate "man" pages using ISC's Text Processing package that
was included with my 2.0.2 Application Developers package. I now have 2.2,
and wish to generate pages with the same (header and footer) style as
appears in the on-line pages (including the Interactive UNIX reference).
Allegedly, TPS has not been upgraded with the new release (except for a
tbl fix).

	I suspect the key is in the .TH line, but - following the man
page as best I can - it still doesn't come out right. Strange, each of
the systems on which I've run these pages (Zilog 8000, Xenix/386, now ISC)
comes out different.

	By the way, has anyone figured how to take best advantage of
the new Print Services facility? There's lots of documentation for the
truly patient, lots of command formats, very few real examples. I have
yet to figure out where "filters" come into play; found file HP_filter
in /usr/lib, have no idea if its of value to Laserjet owners. ISC, if
you're listening... The new docs are a big improvement, but your Print
Services chapter needs a LOT of work.