g++/groff for i386? (emacs, and other things too)

WB3FFV howardl at wb3ffv.ampr.org
Fri Jul 13 02:33:51 AEST 1990

>From article <1990Jul12.122606.4904 at athena.mit.edu>, by dquah at athena.mit.edu (Danny Quah):
> Thus far most helpful response to my posting from some days back:
>
>>   I have gcc 1.37.1, g++ 1.37.0, libg++ 1.37.0 all working with the
>>   INTERACTIVE assembler and linker. The binaries, include files,
>>   documentation, and modified sources are available for the asking.
>
>>   I am not quite ready to make my host a UUCP site thus I'd welcome
>>   someone else to get the GNU C/C++ from me who could.
>
> 	Any takers for an FTP or UUCP site?  [FTP would be best of
> course...]  As Harri Valkama has pointed out, it might be good to have
> a US site to begin.

   Hello All,

I at present have GCC running under V/386, and want to soon sit down and
get GNU Emacs up and going.  I would be more than glad to make binaries
for the GNU code avalible for UUCP, BBS Download, SLIP, and if I can
actually get a dedicated Internet connection I will make FTP avalible to
all that desire.  I don't have the G++ or the G++ libraries running on
this system as of now, but if somebody want's to send me working binaries
for the GNU software for 386 UNIX, I will make it avalible for download.
At present I can support 1200 & 2400 transfers with MNP-5 or V.42, I also
support V.32/V.42 at 9600/19200, and last but not least Telebit PEP at
both 9600/19200 bps.  I do not, and hav no plans to support the HST standard.
Does the above interest anybody?