Unix / Dos partition problem in ISC 2.0.2

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Fri Jul 20 05:43:00 AEST 1990

In article <7811 at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM> keithe at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) writes:
>In article <110 at usaos.UUCP> root at usaos.UUCP (SSG W.D. Calhoun (postmaster)) writes:
>}I run 386/ix 2.0.2 and VP/ix 1.1.1 and I have no problem running a DOS 4.01
>}created partition (<32m)...
>
>This, the "<32m," is probably the difference: I'd used DOS4.01 specifically
>because I _wanted_ more DOS space and had created a 200 megabyte DOS partition.

Along the same lines, has anyone had any success at getting large DOS
partitions working with VP/ix?  Can VP/ix be made to work with DOS 4.01
and large partitions?  I have booted 4.01 from a floppy with vpix -b,
then done a SYS C:, and got a working VP/ix that comes up in 4.01.  But
things like DOSMOUNT no longer work, so the UNIX file system can't be
accessed.

I also tried using DOS partitioning software (DMDRVR from OnTrack).  VP/ix
will load the driver, and I can do a directory on the large partition; but
the contents of all subdirectories appear garbled.  Is there some other
partitioning software that works under VP/ix?  Or is this simply a
limitation in VP/ix than can't be overcome?
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)