Graphic characters in Norton Utilities SYS-V

John R. Levine johnl at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us
Tue Jul 31 02:05:02 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul29.235310.6138 at pcrat.uucp> rick at pcrat.UUCP (Rick Richardson) writes:
>Maybe I will jump in.  As long as the application still fully supports ETI on
>things other than the console, I really can't see anything wrong with making
>console response as snappy as console response under, say, DOS.  Modulo the
>fact that the necessary console ioctl's are totally non-portable between the
>various UNIXes.  I'm going to post a programmers summary of this situation in
>a few days.

Thanks.  We do indeed fully support ETI, and the Utilities work perfectly
well on any terminal describable by terminfo.

By the way, the ioctl's for ISC Unix at AT&T screen control are pretty much
compatible, it's SCO that, because of bugs and interface changes, is so
different.

--
John R. Levine, Segue Software, POB 349, Cambridge MA 02238, +1 617 864 9650
johnl at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us, {ima|lotus|spdcc}!esegue!johnl