FTP

John Sparks sparks at corpane.UUCP
Wed Jul 18 04:35:17 AEST 1990

Does anybody else out there have problems using ftp between two local machines?

FTP seems to work fine until we start adding users to the system. Then we
can't FTP to any account on a remote machine except root. If we try to ftp
to any other account, we get 'User <login name here> access denied'

The same problem is on both the last and the latest versions of Interactive.

One of the machines is running Interactive, the other is running VMS, but
we don't think that is the problem, as it also manifests itself if we try
to FTP to ourselves on the Interactive 386 machine (i.e. I am sitting on
machine corpane: and do an "ftp corpane", it fails unless I tell ftp to log
in as root).

rcp however, works fine, as does telnet.

--
John Sparks         |                                 | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 2400bps.
sparks at corpane.UUCP |                                 | PH: (502) 968-DISK