ESIX binary compatible with XENIX or ISC Unix ?

rick at tmiuv0.uucp rick at tmiuv0.uucp
Wed Jul 11 23:53:07 AEST 1990

In article <529 at dptechno.UUCP>, dave at dptechno.uucp (Dave Lee) writes:
> Can I run XENIX or ISC i386 executables unchanged on ESIX ?
> For example, if we distrubute ESIX, can a customer buy a
> XENIX spreadsheet or a ISC word processor and have it run with NO problems ?
>
> EMail or post as appropreate.
> Thanks a lot.
> --
> Dave Lee
> uunet!dptechno!dave

ESIX will run Xenix applications unchanged.  I also believe that ISC programs
will run, too.  Be forewarned, though:  the ESIX kernal and the other two
(Xenix and ISC) are _NOT_ the same beasties, and some stuff may not work
if it depends on some specific kernal oddities.
[- O] Rick Stevens
  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop
  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355 at compuserve.com from Internet)

"I'm tellin' ya, Valiant!  Da whole ting stinks like yesterday's diapers!"
                                - Baby Herman in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"