Out of symtab space

Fredrik Stax{ng fredriks at kuling.UUCP
Fri Jul 27 05:02:34 AEST 1990

	We are doing a large project in C++ on Interactive Unix with
HCR/C++. We have came up against what evidently is a restriction in ld. It
aborts with the message "ld internal error: fatal: symbol table overflow".
I have tried the +e[01] options, but it only seems to make the problem
worse. I can see some ways out this:

a) Get Interactive to raise the limit (or make it settable).
b) Use GNU.
c) Split it up in smaller modules.

a) only solves the problem on Interactive, and we have to port to some
other Sys V boxes. For the same reason b) is not preferable either. So
I guess we have to do be, unless some genius comes up with another way.

Any takers?

--
Fredrik Stax{ng                | Unix is the last operating system. Any
CS Student at Uppsala University  | new will be strictly in the Unix tradition.