ioctl: Timer expired (was Re: TCP/IP Networking -- how do you...)

Timo Hyvonen tsh at hila.hut.fi
Thu Jul 5 17:05:21 AEST 1990

In article <LARRY.90Jul4074424 at focsys.uucp> larry at focsys.uucp (Larry Williamson) writes:
>In article <497 at litle.litle.com> tom hampton writes:

> > 2) Is anyone having success doing networking on 386's?  If so, whose
> >    TCP/IP package are you using on the 386?
>
>Great success. The 386/ix systems use Interactive's Host Based TCP/IP
>package with Western Digital EtherCard+ (aka WD8003). We are currently
>using 386/ix 2.0.2 and TCP/IP 1.2.0, (this tcp/ip upgrade fixes some
>pretty ugly bugs that were in the 1.1.x release).

I've got a similar combination - WD 8003 - /ix 2.0.2 and TCP/IP.
There is one difference - I've got another eth-card too (3com) for the
pc-net.

The combination has been working perfectly when all of sudden the wd-card
stopped working the other day. The msg I get from it with netstat -i is
the errormsg above - ioctl: Timer expired.

Should I start looking for the fault in my computer or in the network
wd is connected to? As I said, the error occured really unexpectedly, I
did no changes at that time.

Could this have some connection to the localhost-problems I've been having?
The computer returns an error message for all the daemons of localhost when
I boot it. First it gives an error like UNIX_ERROR_0 lcc_.... I don't
remember the rest. Anyone got any idea of this thing?

Well...after all, it's summer :)

I	Sigh. Why can't I be rich 		I Timo Hyvonen 		   I
I	instead of goodlooking.			I +358-0-468-2589 (home)   I