Floppy formats under 386/ix

Geoff Steckel - Sun BOS Software gsteckel at vergil.East.Sun.COM
Sat Jul 7 02:37:13 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul5.095106.6089 at cti-software.nl> pim at cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) writes:

>720K 5.25" is the standard format on AT&T 3B2's.
>I can read these floppies on a Xenix system
>and would like to be able to read them on a UNIX/386 system too.
>--
>Pim Zandbergen                            domain : pim at cti-software.nl

This flavor was standard on a number of early 80's machines (mostly ones you've
never heard of).  Interactive's 2.2 (but NOT 2.0.2) has a minor device for the
floppy which does 720K (80 tracks, 9 sectors, 2 heads) for 5.25" or 3.5".  The
`automatic format sensing' described in the manual does NOT work for this format.

I hope this is useful to somebody.

	geoff steckel (gwes at wjh12.harvard.EDU)
			(...!husc6!wjh12!omnivor!gws)
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Sun Microsystems, despite the From: line.
This posting is entirely the author's responsibility.