< 3 SCSI Drives on ISC 2.02 (problem) >

rick at tmiuv0.uucp rick at tmiuv0.uucp
Tue Jul 24 00:12:36 AEST 1990

In article <675 at unlisys.UUCP>, rot at unlisys.UUCP (Robert Rothe) writes:
> hello there.
> we added a third scsi disk to our system and a strange behavior occured.
> we used the following components under isc 2.02 :
>
> adaptec 1542B
> WREN V (runner) as drive 00
> Quantum P-105 S as drive 01
> WREN V (runner) as drive 02
> 33 MHz motherboard (hauppauge), 64k cache, 8 MB.

Whoa!  Be careful here!  Check your power supply.  Three hard disks are NOT
a good thing on a single power supply.  I had a 230W supply and two ST-506
type drives.  When I added the Seagate SCSI drive, I smoked the supply.  It's
possible that your supplies are crowbarring.

If you have one or two of these drives in a separate box and power supply, or
a big 300 or 350 watt supply then this is probably not the case.  Double check,
just to be sure.

> 	robert.
>
> --
> Unlisys,  Hohenzollerndamm 7, 1000 Berlin 31     ---     Robert Rothe
> tmpmbx!unlisys!rot,            rot at unlisys,           030 / 853 28 72
> 			like your PAN/IX !
[- O] Rick Stevens
  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop
  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355 at compuserve.com from Internet)

"I'm tellin' ya, Valiant!  Da whole ting stinks like yesterday's diapers!"
                                - Baby Herman in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"