VGA under vpix 1.2 RE: the video bios

Jim Chandler chandler at beagle.UUCP
Mon Jul 16 02:48:36 AEST 1990

In article <1290 at tuewsd.win.tue.nl>, wsinpdb at lso.win.tue.nl (Paul de Bra) writes:
> In article <387 at beagle.UUCP> chandler at beagle.UUCP (Jim Chandler) writes:
>  lines deleted
> The trick for Simultask (also vpix but for AT&T unix) is to uncomment the
> lines with EGAROM and VGAROM in the vpix.cnf file (in /usr/vpix/defaults).
>
> Vpix will then use the real VGA-bios routines on the card.
>
>  lines deleted
> Paul.
> (debra at research.att.com)

I tried commenting out the lines in the vpix.cnf file.  When I run vpix
I just get a blank screen and vpix then dies.  It throw me back to unix
but the screen is still black and the console response to keystrokes.
I know that it is dying because and use ps to check to see if it is
running.  I have to go back to the terminal and uncomment it, then rerun
vpix to get the screen back.  This may be due to the ATI card.  Any ideas?

--
Jim Chandler
asuvax!xroads!beagle!chandler