troff & nroff

Roger Cornelius rac at sherpa.UUCP
Wed Jul 25 08:12:48 AEST 1990

A couple of people (chip at chinacat, rick at pcrat) have recently commented
on the various nroff/troff options available for 386 UNIX.  I am running
SCO UNIX but don't need the laser printer capabilities of the more
expensive packages mentioned.  I basically need to do formatting of
manual pages for online use and sometimes printing to a dot matrix
printer.  Currently I'm using the Text Processing package which came
with my 286 XENIX.  It works, but I'd like to upgrade if only to get the
increase in performance (XENIX TP is 8086 binaries).  Since ISC's
package is so cheap, it looks the most attractive to me.  My questions
are:

When I asked ISC whether DWB 2.0 was compatible with SCO's UNIX, they
said their stock answer to this question was "not 100% compatible".  The
person I spoke with couldn't be more specific.
Is anyone using ISC's DWB 2.0 on SCO UNIX?  Have you found any problem
areas?

Does it allow you to build your own terminal driver tables as in SCO?

Does the ISC product include online manual pages?

Thanks for any help.
--
Roger A. Cornelius          rac at sherpa.UUCP         uunet!sherpa!rac