Support

Bill Kennedy bill at wrangler.WLK.COM
Mon Jul 23 00:41:57 AEST 1990

In article <442 at comcon.UUCP> tim at comcon.UUCP (Tim Brown) writes:
[ the AIX group gets good grades for vendor and user support... ]

>are users helping each other too.  Where is the vendor assistance
>here?  If there was more of it (vendor assistance) vendors wouldn't
>need to *explain* support policies.
>
>Tim Brown
>Computer Connection/Incenter
>nstar!comcon!tim

More than once I have led the charge to beat up on Interactive about
some poor policy decisions but Tim's not being fair.  SCO people do
contribute to this group and Interactive people are very generous with
their expertise here.

Regardless about how I might caterwaul about ISC/SCO formal support policies
or procedures, their participation in .i386 is visible, effective, and IMHO
welcome.  One of my stated (in email) concerns regarding ISC's new policy
was that they might curtail or even forbid the contribitions to this news
group.  I was assured (in email) that this was not ISC policy, nor was it
likely to change.

I'm more than glad to beat 'em bloody with regard to their poor marketing
decisions and poorer corporate relations, but to suggest that they do not
support this news group is just plain wrong.  Speaking for the sites that
I administer, the users and vendors' employees make this group work.  Read
a while before claiming that IBM does a better job, 'nuff said...
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {texbell,att,cs.utexas.edu,sun!daver}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM   or attmail!ssbn!bill