"talk" problems with 386i and SPARC

Monty Andro monty at blackhole.lerc.nasa.gov
Sat Jul 28 05:15:42 AEST 1990

I have been having problems using "talk" between a sun 386i and SPARC
workstation.  I get the following error message on the SPARC station
when I respond to a pending "talk" request from a 386i:

        unable to connect with initiator: address family not supported
        by protocal family (47).

Each machine prints messages requesting the user to respond to a pending
talk connection, but when you respond the connection is never made.
So, some connection and communication is accomplished but not completly.
Can anybody explain this ?  Can I correct this problem with a different
software package or command ?  Maybe it can't be done.

Any help will be appreciated.

monty