Screen blanking for SCO SYS V

Larry Philps larryp at sco.COM
Tue Jul 24 22:45:56 AEST 1990

In article <611 at inpnms.ROCKVILLE.DG.COM> smith at rockville.dg.com (R. Smith) writes:
>Recently we installed a full SCO development system on our home-office
>computer (GATEWAY 2000 25MHz with ATI VGAWonder). My tendency is to keep
>all equipment turned on 24 hours per day
>..
>This generates a need for some method to blank the display
>
>Does a screen blanking program exist for SCO's multiscreens?

Yes.  It is actually kernel code that blanks the multiscreens after a
period of inactivity.  The method for setting the timeout is to run
the program called configure in the directory /etc/conf/cf.d.  It gives
you a menu of things to configure, pick the one for multiscreens.  It
will prompt you for a number of values, take the defaults on all of them
except the one that asks for the number of seconds of idle before blanking
the screen.  Exit configure, run ./link_unix, and reboot.

---
Larry Philps,	 SCO Canada, Inc (Formerly: HCR Corporation)
Postman:  130 Bloor St. West, 10th floor, Toronto, Ontario.  M5S 1N5
InterNet: larryp at sco.COM  or larryp%scocan at uunet.uu.net
UUCP:	 {uunet,utcsri,sco}!scocan!larryp
Phone:	 (416) 922-1937
Fax:	 (416) 922-8397