ESIX BBS (Was: Re: Interesting ISC Support Policy)

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Sun Jul 8 04:54:39 AEST 1990

In article <25752 at usc.edu> engwall at mtha.usc.edu (Ralph Engwall) writes:

| I wonder about this too.  One reason I bought ESIX was because I don't have
| a grand to blow on an operating system.  It should stand to reason that many
| ESIX users don't have a grand to blow on a modem ether. ;-)

  Aw, com'on. 2400 baud modems with MNP are < $150 in the back of _PC
Week_ and other places. I sold a bunch of them last year for $125 and
made a profit. Much cheaper than paying phone bills.

  I'm told that the real reason is that getty doesn't autobaud very
well, although I can't prove that, or that the phone lines are so bad
they won't run 2400. Lot'sa rumors, how about an answer from the source?
Someone post the question on the BBS.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX