Comments on X11/SVGA for SCO Unix?

leo at aai.com leo at aai.com
Tue Jul 31 14:48:00 AEST 1990

I've just been informed that the machine to be used for an upcoming port
will be an 80486 with SCO Unix provided by an SCO distributor.  The
software will include X and Motif.  Our main concern is the graphics and
color capabilities of this combination.  We know we won't get the 12 to 24
bits of color that we're used to, but what is supported by SCO?  How well
does it work?  How big an image can we work with?

I'd be especially interested in comments from folks doing image processing
of big images with lots of color on such a setup.

Thanks!
--
Leo	leo at aai.com   leo%aai at uunet.uu.net   ...uunet!aai!leo