Interactive and me - An open letter to ISC.

WB3FFV howardl at wb3ffv.ampr.org
Fri Jul 13 06:52:32 AEST 1990

>From article <604 at vidiot.UUCP>, by brown at vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot):
>
> What-a-minute!!!  What copy protection, what serialization?  Please
> explain what ISC has done.
>
> Sounds like I don't want 2.2 either.

   Hello,

The ISC UNIX 386 Release 2.2 now requires you to enter your serial number
and authorization key (Just like SCO) if you want to load the system.  I
personally find this to be a real pain in the tail, but at least they only
ask you for it once.  It really annoys me when I get asked the the same
information again from SCO when loading the link kit.  If you don't want
a system that requires an authorization key, then you DON'T want to buy
the new 2.2 release from Interactive! Other than that it seems like a
really nice OS...