Help needed with ISC 2.2 installation.

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Thu Jul 26 00:19:25 AEST 1990

emeyer at cup.portal.com (Eric Paul Meyer) writes:
>I have similar problems installing ISC 2.2 and dealing with INTERACTIVE:

>I hope Interactive will fix their INSTALL procedure, or at least give
>2 INSTALL floppies in the distribution, since it is so hard to make
>backup of the only writable floppy in the distribution.

	First, it should be well known by now that not all versions of
	DISKCOPY are capable of reliably copying a UNIX diskette. Second,
	one should NEVER attempt to copy such a precious diskette without
	write-protecting the original.

	In my case, I still had 2.0.2 installed, and thus used sysadm to
	generate my copy. Installation went without a hitch, though I did
	not approve of the 4,000 block lower limit on swap space. (We run
	very tight, but don't run many processes, thus needed the space
	for user space.)