PCI/TCP

Tim Brown tim at comcon.UUCP
Sun Jul 22 08:46:17 AEST 1990

I am having some difficulty getting PCI to talk to a host.  I have
done this several times, so I am familiar with the procedure, but this
system is giving me fits.  First the host:

	386/25 AST Premium
	7 Megs RAM
	330 Meg ESDI Imprimis w/WD1007-WA2
	WD8003E Ethernet card
	ISC 2.2, PCI 2.8.6

Symtoms:

	The host has TCP up and running, ping tests work 100% when I
	ping the host.  In other words, host name is "lica" and from
	lica, I do : # ping lica and I get 100% success.  I assume
	this means TCP is configured correctly, at least this has been
	my experience with other systems.  The PCI host software is
	installed and the daemons are running.  PSUEDO tty's are also
	installed.

	The pc simply will not find the host.  I have stripped the pc
	down so that all there is left is a mono card, the WD8003 and
	the RLL controller.  I have checked for shared memory
	conflicts and interupt conflicts as well.
	PCI's LOGIN program on the PC brings up the copyright screen
	and never finds the host.

I have even gone so far as to remove the hosts vga card and replace
with mono.  Personally I think it might be something to do with the
AST hardware or BIOS, but not sure.  Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tim Brown
nstar!comcon!tim