Interactive and me - An open letter to ISC.

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Tue Jul 17 07:36:53 AEST 1990

In article <55 at maxx.UUCP> tyager at maxx.UUCP (Tom Yager) writes:
> DOS systems run just dandy on networks

Depends on what you mean by "just dandy". Every time I have to interact with
folks using a DOS network I'm frustrated by the things they *can't* do, that
I just expect to be able to do.

> --that's one of the things that keeps
> the wind in DOS's sails (sales?). Both DOS and OS/2 can operate in peer
> network configurations, sharing printers, disks, modems, CD-ROMS...you name
> it.

Such as remotely accessing a DOS machine's files without having to turn that
machine into a dedicated server. Sure, you can ALL access the file server...
but you can't get to each other's local files.

> > No, it should be OS/2 versus AmigaOS, Microsoft Windows, and Mac System 7.

> Can I run AmigaOS or Mac System 7 on other vendors' hardware?

Since OS/2 is restricted to one hardware platform this is pretty much
irrelevant, but you can run Windows, GEM, and Mac/OS on an Amiga.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.