Alternative ESIX manuals?

Jon Gefaell jon at savant.UUCP
Mon Jul 30 03:01:30 AEST 1990

In article <1481 at enrico.UUCP> steveg at enrico.UUCP (Steve Godersky) writes:
-I am buying a UNIX System V flavor called ESIX
-(development version for a 386).
-I am having trouble affording the Manual Set which runs $300+
-Are there any equivalent manuals that will provide a good
-level of support which I can buy individually for less?

Addison Wesley, I think it is, has a complete set. These are probably
a better deal pricewise, as well as quality wise.
Being a firm believer in RTFM'ing I bought the ESIX manual set.
It SUX. Basicaly... Overstuffed three ring binders that don't fit
well into the slip cases, let alone into the binders (too damn many pages,
not enough binders, or large enough binders) The paper is ULTRA thin, and
worse of all, rife with errors (note the page on tset in particular)

The errors may be derivative, but the rest surely is inexcusable. DON'T
buy the current set! Talking W/ JR at ESIX Friday revealed that a new
printer or whatever is making the next set... So they should be better,
but don't hold your breath...

--
+----------- Domain? DOMAIN? We Don't Need No Steeeenkin' Domain! -----------+