< 3 SCSI Drives on ISC 2.02 (problem) >

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.mbx.sub.org
Sat Jul 28 11:19:57 AEST 1990

rick at tmiuv0.uucp writes:
>Whoa!  Be careful here!  Check your power supply.  Three hard disks are NOT
>a good thing on a single power supply.  I had a 230W supply and two ST-506
>type drives.  When I added the Seagate SCSI drive, I smoked the supply.  It's
>possible that your supplies are crowbarring.

well, it's surely better to have more watts, but that seems to depend on the
power supply (and the weather on the day of purchase :-). especially those
'generic' (taiwan) power supplies can be real bad. a friend of mine has
smoked THREE of them :-( however! i only have a 200 (or 220) watt power supply
(*and* the same brand as my friend's!) and had no problems. i also have three
scsi drives (ST296N, WREN V, PRO-80S), and i have also used an archive 150MB
streamer together with this combo without problems.
--
Heiko Blume c/o Diakite   blume at scuzzy.mbx.sub.org    FAX   (+49 30) 882 50 65
Kottbusser Damm 28        blume at netmbx.UUCP           VOICE (+49 30) 691 88 93