passwd -d, dialups and anonymous UUCP. ==> SCO-UNIX

Georg Nikodym gsn at sclcig.uucp
Thu Jul 5 15:52:52 AEST 1990

In article <1159 at s8.Morgan.COM> amull at Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:

>You can disable C2 security across the board by using the Relax
>option from the sysadmsh menu. This step puts your system into a
>more usual UNIX security configuration, but it is not reversible.

This is not entirely true, like the option says, it's relazing security
but it does not completely turn it off.  Unfortunately, I can't think
of any examples, but SCO UNIX with relaxed security != AT&T SysV/386 3.2.

Oh yeah, here's one.

There are a number of things that have been done underneath the surface that
become visible when programming or building publice domain software.  For
example, they (SCO) have added another userid.  Previously, there was
a userid and an effective userid, now there is a login userid, which cannot
be changed.

Please note that I don't have any docs at my fingertips so don't bother
flaming if there are minor discrepancies, also note (and this is to
prevent the sco.com flame) I hear that an updated version is due out
*anytime now* that corrects some of these concerns.

| Georg S. Nikodym  -  (416) 442-2238                                       |
| Southam Business Information and Communications Group, Don Mills, Ontario |
| gsn at sclcig.UUCP -or- ...!uunet!attcan!telly!moore!sclcig!gsn              |
| "The floggings will continue until morale improves" -Jose Castel-Branco   |