software piracy (was "Interactive and me")

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Wed Jul 25 01:59:26 AEST 1990

In article <531 at al.ele.tue.nl> raymond at ele.tue.nl (Raymond Nijssen) writes:

>- If you live outside the US or Canada, you can just forget about support, yes,
>  even if you bought the package. Toll free numbers (which you normally
>  implicitly payed for) are not reachable, collect-calls are hardly accepted,
>  and do you realize how much intercontinental calls cost?

This may be true in most cases but not true if you run AIX considering that
we have been on site in Europe a number of times already (yes, join support
and see the world :-}!). Furthermore, I have been up at midnight a couple of
different times to handle European conference calls on critical problems.
IBM has a dedicated organization to handle service and support for their
International customers, but then as has been observed in other postings
in this group, support is one of the things IBM does best.

Disclaimer: I only support the software, I don't speak for LCC or IBM.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM