Trouble in stalling ISC 2.2 with multiple SCSI drives.

Max Bluecher mbl at unlisys.UUCP
Fri Jul 6 03:23:58 AEST 1990

pdg at chinet.chi.il.us (Paul Guthrie) writes:

>I hooked up a new SCSI drive as the boot
>drive (SCSI ID 0) and had my old drive as ID 1 (tape is ID 2).
>The cable I am using is a 4 connector SCSI 50 pin internal
>cable going from the host adaptor to drive 0 to drive 1 which
>is properly terminated.  The tape is on another (external) bus.

Maybe you have to remove the terminators from the adaptec itself, cause
the streamer on the external bus is the other physical end of your scsi-chain.

>I also have parity checking disabled.  Would enabling this help?

I think it won't help in this case, but in general parity-checking is a
valuable feature of the scsi-definition and should allways be enabled.

Max
--
				Max Bluecher
		BANG	: !unido!tub!tmpmbx!unlisys!purple!mbl