Got alloca() for Unix 386?

David S. Herron david at twg.com
Mon Jul 16 15:50:36 AEST 1990

In article <273 at intek01.UUCP> mark at intek01.UUCP (Mark McWiggins) writes:
>I'm trying to get smail3 up on my Unix 386 box, but Wollongong's network
>library calls alloca(), which is nowhere to be found on my system.

Unless I'm mistaken, on SysV alloca() is over in libPW.a

If you can't find it on any of your standard libraries you'll find
one somewhere in the GNU software.  The Emacs distribution if I
remember right...

Yes, I just checked on one of our SysV machines.  Add -lPW to
your cc line.
--
<- David Herron, an MMDF weenie, <david at twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david at ms.uky.edu>