SCO-ISC Serial Numbers

Roger Knopf 5502 rogerk at sco.COM
Wed Jul 25 11:19:10 AEST 1990

In article <1334 at sixhub.UUCP> davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>In article <1990Jul19.131450.25497 at pegasus.com> richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:
>
>| Then why not just serialize the software before you ship it?
>|
>| The only difference is that your customers will stop complaining about
>| having to do your work for you.
>
>  Ican see this adding to the production costs, since the disks could
>not be mass duplicated. Not that I disagree with the intent, just that I
>would still like a way to reserialize everything on the system.

When I do mass installs for customers, we copy the unserialized stuff
and then serialize when in place. Also, we have redone the serialization
stuff so that (starting with Unix 3.2 v2, I believe) you can reserialize
an already-branded binary.

--
Roger Knopf                                      <standard disclaimer applies>
SCO Consulting Services			  "The True Believers will...formulate