Implementing NULL trapping on AT&T SVR3.2(.2)

Fred Fish fnf at riscokid.UUCP
Wed Jul 11 00:05:11 AEST 1990

In article <PCG.90Jul9124816 at odin.cs.aber.ac.uk> pcg at cs.aber.ac.uk (Piercarlo Grandi) writes:
>	possible to demand load it. We could have instead aligned it to the
>	address immediately after the end of the COFF headers, but ld does not
>	give us a primitive with the size of the COFF header. We therefore
>	align code to a page boundary, ...

The implementations I am familiar with support the construct SIZEOF(.headers)
to obtain the aggregate size of all the COFF headers.  I don't know if this
is just undocumented in some implementations or actually nonexistant in them.

-Fred