ISA scsi adapters - request for info (again!)

Andrew Herbert herbie at bruce.cs.monash.OZ.AU
Tue Jul 10 11:57:59 AEST 1990

[Sorry about the previous posting - the newsreader sent it off when I pressed
ctrl-c! :-(  Here is the full version.]

I am after some hard facts regarding the various scsi adapters available for
the ISA (AT) bus.  The attributes of a card that come to mind are:

	* What is the (maximum) scsi to AT bus transfer rate?
	* Does it support synchronous scsi transactions?
	* What special features does the card have, and how do these assist
	throughput?  (e.g. does it have an on-board micro to handle scsi
	transactions?)
	* Is it compatible with DOS, OS/2 and/or UNIX (ESIX in particular)?
	* Does the above compatibility arise from special drivers that come with
	the card, or from built-in operating system support?
	* What is the approximate price?

I would greatly appreciate information on any cards by the following
manufacturers:
	Adaptec (e.g. AHA1542B)
	DTC
	Future Domain
	Western Digital (e.g. WD7000-FAST-2)

I am also interested in products from companies not mentioned above.

Please mail details to: herbie at bruce.cs.monash.edu.au

I will summarise to the net ASAP.

Thanks muchly,
Andrew