VP/ix DDAs under ESIX

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Sun Jul 8 16:30:53 AEST 1990

I just installed VP/ix (version 1.1.0 -- the one that came with 386/ix version
1.0.6) on my ESIX (rev. D) system.  Everything works fine, except I can no
longer get my Logitech bus mouse to work as a DDA.  It worked fine under
386/ix.  When VP/ix starts, it says "Unable to open generic device /dev/logi"
The device was successfully created by sysadm ddainstall, and the permissions
are ok.  Is there a trick to getting this to work?  Or do I need to buy a
newer version of VP/ix?

And while composing this message, I discovered that I can't switch to another
virtual console from a VP/ix session...
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)