ISC Fix

carroll at m.cs.uiuc.edu carroll at m.cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 17 02:43:00 AEST 1990

/* Written  6:14 pm  Jul 15, 1990 by richard at pegasus.com in m.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.unix.i386 */
/* ---------- "ISC Fix" ---------- */
Here's part of an article I posted recently to gnu.g++.  This is
something that helped me bring up a number of packages more easily on
386/ix 2.0.2.  If someone could check and see if this is valid for ESIX
and 386/ix 2.2 I'd appreciate it.
[ comments on adding things to sys/types.h and sys/sioctl.h ]
/* End of text from m.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.unix.i386 */

IMHO the better way to do this is to just modify sys/types.h as follows

#ifndef SYS_TYPES
<original file contents>
#define SYS_TYPES
#endif

This will have the same effect as your fix for sioctl.h (types.h will be
included twice, but the second time it will be an empty file), and avoid the
problem of finding all the places that might include types.h twice.

Alan M. Carroll                Barbara/Marilyn in '92 :
carroll at cs.uiuc.edu            + This time, why not choose the better halves?
Epoch Development Team
CS Grad / U of Ill @ Urbana    ...{ucbvax,pur-ee,convex}!cs.uiuc.edu!carroll